Sunday, March 6, 2016

apologies to Nelson

The left brainers who spend their lives trying to stand out amongst 7 billion people just to satisfy the minds searching for difference:

they're fools.

Because they all in the end become the same
that in the end difference is the same.

There's always going to be that somebody who "stole" that line you said you thought of first, but they beat you to the fame.

Somebody that played the same tune,
cooked the same recipe,
designed the same dress,
captured the same picture,
painted the same landscape,
directed the same film,
wrote the same poem, book, screenplay,
and somehow became a "somebody" and left you just as a "someone".

Being different is not really about being different;
it's all just about who did it better for the mainstreamers.

So when you asked me to be different Nelson, it gave me anxiety
because there were so many drafts I could've posted and probably should've to avoid the disappointment of not being different enough for the judgement of one teacher,
but I deleted them because they've all been done before and to me it was plagiarism.

And all those great musicians, chefs, designers, photographers, artists, directors, and writers became somebodies because they said shot gun fast enough and left the rest of us someones as backseat drivers stealing the directions.

So sorry Nelson, but being different is extinct
and I left my creativity in the backseat.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't snap fast enough or scream loud enough for this one. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I left my creativity in the back seat"

    Dang

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And all those great musicians, chefs, designers, photographers, artists, directors, and writers became somebodies because they said shot gun fast enough and left the rest of us someones as backseat drivers stealing the directions."

    Love this post a lot. Nice job friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "So sorry Nelson, but being different is extinct and I left my creativity in the backseat." #stolen love this with all my heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. "but I deleted them because they've all been done before and to me it was plagiarism." And the last two paragraphs, gold

    ReplyDelete