Sunday, February 28, 2016

i never liked crayons

I never liked crayons
I chose pens and pencils

I never drew outside of the lines
I was confined by the lines

I stuck to drawing on papers
I never left my fingerprint on the wall

I wore tights and danced with my hair in a bun
Instead of dancing with my hair out

I spent hours learning keys and theories
Instead of just listening to the music

I cared too much about A's 
Instead of just not giving a damn before it really mattered

I always said my please's and thank you's
I never spoke past my please's and thank you's

I only ever wrote essays
I hated writing

Now that I put the pens and pencils down
Drew past the lines
Painted my bedroom wall
Hung up the ballet shoes 
Put away the sheet music 
Submitted my college transcripts
Forgot to be polite
And enrolled in creative writing

I think I like crayons now

3 comments: